Full NarpsUK Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business Course
This course is a unique and comprehensive online course produced by experts, specifically for those wishing to start or who already run their own pet sitting or dog walking business. The course has been co-written and accredited by Lantra Awards which is a nationally recognised awarding organisation with over 40 years of experience. Lantra develop and deliver top quality training courses and qualifications to meet the needs of employers and learners.
Once you have completed the NarpsUK Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business course in full you will receive certification embossed with the National Association of Registered Pet Sitters and Dogs Walkers gold seal which you can show to prospective customers. You will also receive separate certification from Lantra - the nationally recognised awarding organisation for the UK’s sector skills council for land based and environmental industries. We will also send you our digital emblem to use on your website and in your literature.
Benefits of the course
- This course will help you to decide if pet sitting is the right career for you.
- It will teach you skills to make your business a success using marketing and branding
- It will inform you about how to incorporate booking systems and work with schedules in your business
- It will advise you of what services are offered within the pet sitting industry and what’s involved in each
- It will tell you which forms and contracts are required for your business
- It will give you an insight into Animal Law, Animal Healthcare, Nutrition and Grooming
- On completion you will receive a NarpsUK embossed certification, a NarpsUK digital emblem which you can use on your website, stationary and any literature you send out as well as a Lantra approved certificate
Course ModulesThis course is comprised of the following modules:
- Is a Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business Right for You
- Running your Pet Sitting Business
- Pet Services Offered and What’s Involved
- Branding, Marketing and Advertising
- Governing your Business and Persona Life with Honourable Standards
- Forms and Contracts for Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
- Animal Law and Regulations
- Animal Healthcare
- Canine and Feline First Aid
- Nutrition, a Healthy Diet and Grooming
Course DeliveryThe course is delivered online through an internet based course website. No special software is required, just an internet connection.
The course is split into various modules which go through the required teach points and information with an assessment at the end of each module. Once you have completed all the modules there is an overall assessment of the entire course.
The assessments are based on multiple choice answers and a pass rate of 75% is required to pass each module and the final assessment.
Course Pre- RequisitesThe only pre- requisites required for this course are as follows:
- You should have experience in caring for pets- either your own or other peoples
- A love for animals
- Access to a PC/Laptop/Tablet with an internet connection
Course DurationThe course comprises of 11 modules and a final assessment. Each module will take on average between 1-2 hours to complete with an assessment at the end. The final assessment will take around 30 minutes to complete. We estimate it will take around 20 hours to complete the course.
You will have 12 months to complete the course once you have signed up.
Course FeesThe course is priced at £299 (Inc. VAT) for non NarpsUK members / £199 (Inc. VAT) for NarpsUK Members This fee includes access to:
- The online e-learning portal
- Module Assessments
- The final Assessment
- Certification from NarpsUK, certification from Lantra and the NarpsUK Digital emblem to use on your website and literature once you have completed the course
- Online help and support